The joint administrators are Data Controllers of personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP will act as Data Processor on their instructions. Personal data will be kept secure and processed only for matters relating to the administration.
Hive Window or Door Sensor
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:01-8782800
Quoting product code: A57WU
Click & Collect available keyboard_arrow_down
• Send alerts to your smartphone if your window or door has been opened or closed
• Turn the notifications off when you know you’ll be at home
• Improved look and feel
• Easy to install with improved design
• Improved battery life
• Just pair with the Hive Hub and add your sensor on the Hive app
• Works with the Hive HubControl your home with the Hive app
What can the Hive Window or Door Sensor do?
The clever wireless sensor sends an alert to your smartphone if your window or door has been opened or closed. It is easy to install – simply use the self-adhesive tabs and attach the larger sensor to your window or door and the smaller sensor to the frame. The modified design means improved mounting, as the smaller part of the sensor can now be positioned on either side of the larger part, rather than just on one side only. There is a slide and release case to change the battery and a light sensor built-in. The sensor requires a single CR123A lithium battery, and the battery life has been improved to two years based on normal use.
What does the Hive app allow me to do?
Wirelessly connect your sensor to your Hive Hub and you’ll have total control on your sensors at your fingertips through the Hive app. From the app you can turn notifications on and off, and choose how to receive those notifications, whether it be email, push notification or both. You can check the status or your door or window at any time, to check whether it is open or closed. You can schedule up to six notification timeslots a day, so you can turn notifications off when you know you’ll be at home. Hive recipes allow you to set triggers and actions for any Hive Sensors, Hive Active Plugs or Hive Active Lights that you have helping to make your home work for you.
What do I need to get The Hive Window or Door Sensor up and running?
• The Hive Hub
• For the Hive app you’ll need an Apple iPhone or iPad (iOS 7 or later), a device running Android (min 4.0.3) or a Windows device
• Laptop or tablet with internet access and an up-to-date web browser (we recommend minimum: Internet Explorer 10 or the latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari)
• Hive is a British Gas innovation, but you don’t need to be a British Gas customer to buy the Hive products
|Name and model number||Hive Window or Door Sensor|
|Power Source||1x CR123A Battery|
|Links to Other Hive Products||Yes-Hive hub|
|Remote Controlled via App||Yes|
|Expandable||Yes – Connects to Hive hub|
|Operating Power||3V CR123A Battery (included)|
|Working with existing Wi-Fi router||Yes – via Hive hub|
|Master Width||23 mm|
|Master Depth||24 mm|
|Master Height||70 mm|
|Slave Width||12 mm|
|Slave Depth||15 mm|
|Slave Height||70 mm|
|Hive Window or Door Sensor Master|
|Hive Window or Door Sensor Slave|
|Duracell CR123A Lithium Battery|