The joint administrators are Data Controllers of personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP will act as Data Processor on their instructions. Personal data will be kept secure and processed only for matters relating to the administration.
Nest Protect 2nd Generation Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector (Wired)
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:01-8782800
Quoting product code: A45TR
Click & Collect available keyboard_arrow_down
About this product
- Wired Smoke and carbon monoxide detector that connects to your smartphone and sends notifications if activated
- Split-Spectrum Sensor detects both fast and slow burning fires giving you better protection
- Coloured LEDs showing different alerts in different situations. Yellow for rising levels of smoke and CO, red when the alarm sounds and green for decreasing levels.
• Wired Smoke and carbon monoxide detector that connects to your smartphone and sends notifications if activated
• Split-Spectrum Sensor detects both fast and slow burning fires giving you better protection
• Coloured LEDs showing different alerts in different situations. Yellow for rising levels of smoke and CO, red when the alarm sounds and green for decreasing levels.
• Interact with the detector using the Nest Smartphone App and silence false alarms
• Voice alarms with custom locations telling you where the alarm is coming from
• Nest has been rigorously tested and has met the BSI standard ratings of EN-14604, EN-50291, EN-50271:2010 and EN-50292.
• Connect to the Nest Thermostat to turn off the heating if CO levels are detected or even connect to the Nest Cam where the footage is recorded as soon as smoke or CO is detected.
• Mains powered with 3 x AA battery back-up
What makes Nest Protect different from other CO alarms?
The Nest Protect CO alarm is a combined smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that connects to your smartphone through your wireless router. The free Nest app will keep you informed of the change in CO and smoke levels in your home, wherever you are in the world. The app allows you to view accurate information which would not normally be available with any standard alarm. This alarm is a two in one device that is perfect for use in the new age of technology with the increase in use of smartphones. Nest Protect checks itself over 400 times a day and lets you know if something’s up.
Does the Nest app send push notifications?
The Nest app sends push notifications with a different alert for different situations. The flashing LEDs on the alarm and the speaking voice from the app let you know what the situation is when it arises.
Is the alarm easy to install?
The alarm is simple and easy to install. Plug the device into the mains and once you have downloaded the Nest app, it is as easy as scanning the QR code on the bottom of the unit and the app will then guide you through the rest of the process.
What advantage do I have of buying the extra Nest items?
All the Nest items are interlinkable with each other. This means you can keep you home safer and even more secure. Link the Nest Protect with the Nest Thermostat so when the alarm detects the CO levels rising it automatically shuts off the heating to keep you safe. Link up with the Nest Cam and when the alarm detects smoke it the camera starts to record so you can go back and see what happened.
|Mains and Battery Back-up||Yes|
|Low Battery Indicator||Yes|
|BS||BS EN-14604, EN-50291, BS EN-50271:2010, BS EN-50292|
|Links with Other Alarms||No|
|Links with Other Security Systems||No|
|Control and Notifications|
|Remote Controlled (Via Keyfob Remote or App)||Yes|
|Push Notification Alerts||Yes|
|Siren Loudness||85 dB|
|Siren Duration||Until reset|
|Maximum Operating Range||20 m|
|Transmission Frequency||2.4 GHz|
|Operating Systems and Protocols|
|IOS||iOS 8.0 or later|
|Android||Android 4.0.3 and up|
|Expandable||With other Nest appliances|
|Operating Power||AC 230V / DC 4.5 V battery backup|
|Dimension||135 mm x 38.5 mm x 135 mm|
|For Control Unit||3 x AA batteries (backup)|
|For Sensors and Accessories||N/A|
|Test Mode Button||Yes|
|Nest Protect (Wired 230 V)|
|Three long-life backup batteries (Energizer® Ultimate Lithium "L91" AA)|
|230 V AC connector|
|Three wire nuts|