PLEASE NOTE: PRICES SHOWN ONLINE ALREADY INCLUDE DISCOUNT
Find similar products here
Stair Pressure Mat
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:01-8782800
Quoting product code: FK79L
Click & Collect available keyboard_arrow_down
About this product
- Covert pressure mat for stairs which detect when someone has walked over it, providing a great addition for a security system
- Four contact/wires that activates when someone over the weight of 25kg steps on to it
- IP 64 dustproof rated which ensures that the mat is not damaged and doesn’t lose effectiveness due to dust
• Covert pressure mat for stairs which detect when someone has walked over it, providing a great addition for a security system
• Four contact/wires that activates when someone over the weight of 25kg steps on to it
• IP 64 dustproof rated which ensures that the mat is not damaged and doesn’t lose effectiveness due to dustWhy would this pressure mat be a good addition to my security system?
The stair pressure mat is a perfect addition to a security system or used as a sensor for other operations. The pressure mat is of a standard stair step size and three millimetres thick, giving you a mat that will not only sense when there has been an intruder in the house but will also do so discreetly.
What can I use the stair pressure mat for?
The mat activates an external alarm system when a weight of over 25kg has been applied to the surface of it. This means that if it is placed under carpet or rubberised matting the pressure mat would still be able detect a person walking over it. Furthermore the pressure mat has an environmental rating of IP64, which stops dust from getting into the mat and improves the longevity of it. This makes the pressure mat a versatile sensor that can be placed at various places around the home and not just under a stair step.
What would I need to connect this up to a security system?
The best way to connect this up to your security system would be to run a four core alarm cable from the control panel (e.g. Order Code XR89W) to the pressure mat. Then to adjoin the four core cable from the control panel to the cables from the mat with a junction box.
|Detection pressure||25 kg|
|Switch configuration||Normally open|
|Environmental protection (IP rating)||IP 64 (not waterproof)|
|Alarm||No - external|
|Maximum voltage (DC)||25 V|
|Maximum current (DC)||0.25 A|
|Operating temperature||-10°C to 70°C|
|Dimensions||595 mm x 170 mm x 3 mm|